Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Intentional Listening

How often during the day do you pause to listen to the things around you? In fact right now what do you hear? Right now in the background I have Pandora music. I am listening to my created status based around the Dave Crowder Band. I have found this to be much better than the normal espn radio I usually listen to.

I have had several quiet nights at home that past few weeks and I have had time to just stop and listen. Of course the weekend was filled with many many football games since Kristen was gone. I have found it peaceful and relaxing to take some time and just listen. Listen to what God is speaking to me, what my heart is saying, what others are saying and even what the world is saying.

It seems these days everyone has something to say about nothing and anything. I believe we live in a culture where what most people want is to be heard.

I guess for me I need to stop talking so much or distracting myself with pointless things and just listen. I believe that when I am doing this I am growing and learning the most. So may this serve as an encouragement to stop, look and listen.

On another note my fantasy teams went 1 and 1 this week. The Colts won, but the Titans loss. The biggest loss this week was ND to Michigan. Irish will bounce back and probably still make some type of BCS bowl (haha).

No comments: