Thursday, September 10, 2009

Watch It

Well today on the way back from lunch I was listening to ESPN radio and Colin Cowherd was talking about a story that recently hit the press. No this wasn't a story about the latest US Open scores or the upcoming NFL season this was a story about a Conservative Christian republican man from CA who resigned yesterday after reports came out about him talking about his 2 mistresses.

Colin spent the next minute ranting about this man and used the phrase "Christian Conservative" over and over. It was quit irritating and somewhat embarrassing. I felt awful for the bad rep Christians all over the world were getting at that moment.

I want that 2 minute segment to stick with me today and remind me of that challenge I have as a Christian to watch what I say, do, see, act and watch.

1 Peter 2:11-12 "Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us."

We must constantly abstain from our sinful nature and realize that people are watching our every moves. I want those around me to praise God because of the way I am living.


In other news I am really stoked about the NFL season. It's my favorite time of the year. Tonight by my side will be chips and queso, pizza rolls and IBC Root Beer.

No comments: