Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

Thursday's for me always seem to be the day I think the most. I guess it is the last office day of the week for me and Wednesday is over (longest day of the week) and I just have time to stop and think.

Today my thoughts seem to be wrapped around the idea of needing to slow down a bit. It has been non-stop crazy for the last few weeks. Lots of youth events, meetings, planning, and family stuff going on. It is so easy for me to just move from one task to the next and never stop to think about myself and where I am heading.

One of my favorite books I have read in the past year is Contemplative Youth Ministry by Mark Yaconelli. The book is surrounded by the idea on how we need to make sure we are filling ourselves first.

Are you someone who fills yourself up first or last? We need to be about filling our spiritual cups up so that we are able to fill those up around us.

That is my Thursday thought.

No comments: